Do you own Moto G5 Plus? Here I will show you How to Unlock Moto G5 Plus Bootloader. Unlocking bootloader is essential as it allows users to install Custom recoveries like TWRP and gain root access. Which helps to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery which comes pre-installed with Moto G5 Plus.
What is this Bootloader?
First question which comes to your mind is what exactly is bootloader and why do company like Xiaomi and Motorola lock bootloader.
In simple terms bootloader is that piece of code that runs before every operating system. Every Operating systems needs bootloader, may it be Android on your smartphone or the Windows for your PC. Unlocked bootloader is like giving you complete control over your smartphone.
This guide will show you how to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5 Plus.
- Unlocking Bootloader will void your phones warranty. You won’t be able to claim it back.
- Please follow the steps carefully or you will end up having a bricked phone.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please procced at your own risk.
- This process will erase all data on your smartphone including personal settings, Contacts and sms. Please make a backup of your device before proceeding.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to unlock Moto G5 Plus Bootloader:
Minimal ADB tools - [button color="" size="" type="" target="blank" link="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24521665358595410"]Download here[/button]
Motorola Device manager- [button color="" size="" type="" target="blank" link="https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481"]Download here[/button]
How to Unlock Moto G5 Plus Bootloader
- First enable the USB debugging option in Moto G5 Plus.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 timesuntil you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debuggingalso enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Moto G5 Plus to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now type the following Command
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- The above command will return a string. We need to copy this code in Notepad without space and also without the word ‘bootloader’.
- After you’re done, head over to Motorola Unlock Bootloader official page and sign in with your Motorola or Google Plus account.
- Now we need to enter the string from step 7 into the Motorola site and click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’. Also accept their terms and conditions.
10.A new unlock code will be email to your mail id which you registered wth Motorola.
11.Now again Copy that unlock code and execute the following command.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_CODE
(Replace the unlock code with the code you received in your mail )
- This will unlock the Bootloader on Moto G5 Plus. Reboot your device and that’s it.
This was Step by step guide on how to Unlock Moto G5 Bootloader. Now you can procced to Root Moto G5 Plus and install TWRP recovery.