Do you want to root YU Yunicorn? Before that it must be unlocked. Here I will show you How to unlock Bootloader of YU Yunicorn. Unlocking bootloader is essential as It allows users to install Custom recoveries like TWRP and gain root access. Which helps to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery which comes pre-installed with YU Yunicorn.
This guide will show you how to Unlock Bootloader on YU Yunicorn. YU Yunicorn comes with a locked bootloader so in order to root YU Yunicorn, You need to first unlock the bootloader. Please carefully follow the steps to unlock bootloader on YU Yunicorn.
Files needed to unlock YU Yunicorn Bootloader
- Minimal ADB tool - [button color="" size="" type="" target="blank" link="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24521665358595410"]Click Here[/button]
Unlocking Bootloader on YU Yunicorn will void your phone’s warranty. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please follow the steps carefully and proceed at your own risk.
Note: Unlocking bootloader will erase all your personal data like sms, contacts and all settings. Please backup everything before proceeding.
Also Check Out: How to Root Yu Yunicorn Without Pc
How to Unlock YU Yunicorn Bootloader
- First enable the USB debugging option on your device.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 timesuntil you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the YU Yunicorn to Pc/Laptop using USB.
4. Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
fastboot –i 0x1ebf devices
- Once device boots into fastboot mode type the following command to unlock bootloader.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
This command will unlock your YU Yunicorn bootloader and erase all data on it.
- Once bootloader is unlocked, type this command to reboot.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
So thats it! You have successfully unlocked Bootloader of YU Yunicorn. Now you can Root YU Yunicorn. If you found this article helpful leave a comment below.