Here I will be sharing How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 and other Xiaomi devices. New generation of Xiaomi smartphones comes with an extra layer of security. By extra layer security they mean the locked bootloader.
This is for customer benefit as many time the stolen phones get easily flashed with a new rom. Locked Bootloader will prevent someone from easily flashing and modifying rom and system files. But for a genuine Xiaomi user having a MI account, Xiaomi allows to unlock the bootloader with its Mi Flash Unlock Tool
With help of Mi Flash Unlock tool you can unlock bootloader Xiaomi devices like Redmi Note 3, Mi Note Pro, Mi 4c, Mi 5 and other upcoming Xiaomi devices. You need to download the MI Flash Unlock Tool for this method.
Mi Flash Unlock Tool - [button color="" size="" type="round" target="blank" link="http://www.mediafire.com/download/bf2x39zwutjs6c8/Mi_Flash_Unlock_1.1.0317.1_en.zip"]Download here[/button]
- This method only works on Xiaomi devices, don’t try with any other android devices.
- Unlocking bootloader will void phones warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back.
- Please make a backup of your data as this process will erase all your data like contacts, sms and personal settings.
- Make sure you have at least 70% battery charge or more.
Disclaimer: Geek Gyan is not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please proceed at your own risk.
Also Check Out: How to Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 and other Xiaomi devices
- First download Mi flash Unlock Tool from links given above.
2. Extract it in a folder and then run the MiFlashUnlock.exe
3. Once The Mi Flash Unlock Tool opens, log in with your Mi account(if you don’t have an Mi account then create it as you require it for unlock permission.)
4. For first time when you log in, you will get a message saying ‘you don’t have permission to unlock the device’
5. Now for getting unlock permissions click on Go button in Mi Flash Unlock Tool or head over to MI unlock Page and fill in your login details.
6. Please make sure you fill in genuine reason for why you want unlock permissions, as your application will get manually examined by the MI developer team.
7. You will the receive a OTP code via sms, use it to complete the process.
8. Now you’re done on your side. Your application has been submitted and will get reviewed by Xiaomi developers. Once they review it you will get a sms confirmation between 3-21 days. As i said the approval process is manual so please be patient.
9. One you get the OTP code use it on the Unlock screen to complete process of obtaining permissions.
10. After that open the Mi Flash Unlock Tool and login with your Mi account. This time you would have the unlock permission.
11.Simply connect your Xiaomi Device to PC via USB and click on Unlock button to unlock bootloader.
After unlocking the bootloader you have freedom to flash roms, custom recovery and root your Xiaomi device. Thats it. This was step by step guide on How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 3 and other new Xiaomi devices.