Do you own OnePlus 5? Here I will show you How to unlock OnePlus 5 Bootloader. Unlocking bootloader is essential as it allows users to install Custom recoveries like TWRP and gain root access. Which helps to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery which comes pre-installed with OnePlus 5.
This guide will show you how to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5. OnePlus 5 comes with a locked bootloader so in order to root OnePlus 5, you need to first unlock the bootloader. Please carefully follow the steps to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 5.
Also Check: Enable Screen gestures in OnePlus 5
Files needed to unlock OnePlus 5 Bootloader
Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 5 will void your phone’s warranty. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please follow the steps carefully and proceed at your own risk.
How to Unlock OnePlus 5 Bootloader
- First enable the USB debuggingoption in OnePlus 5.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 timesuntil you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the OnePlus 5 to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot modeby typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
fastboot oem unlock
This command will unlock your OnePlus 5 bootloader and erase all data on it.
- Once bootloader is unlocked your device will reboot. Be patient it may take some time. After process finishes try the following command to see bootloader status.
fastboot oem device-info
So that’s it! You have successfully unlocked OnePlus 5’s Bootloader. Now you can Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5. If you found this article helpful leave a comment below.