Do you own OnePlus 3T? Here I will show you How to unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 3T. Unlocking bootloader is essential as it allows users to install Custom recoveries like TWRP and gain root access. Which helps to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery which comes pre-installed with OnePlus 3T.
This guide will show you how to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 3T. OnePlus 3T comes with a locked bootloader so in order to root OnePlus 3T, you need to first unlock the bootloader. Please carefully follow the steps to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 3T.
Files needed to unlock OnePlus 3T Bootloader
Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 3T will void your phone’s warranty. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please follow the steps carefully and proceed at your own risk.
Note: Unlocking bootloader will erase all your personal data like sms, contacts and all settings. Please backup everything before proceeding.
How to Unlock OnePlus 3T Bootloader
- First enable the USB debugging option in OnePlus 3T.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the OnePlus 3T to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Once device boots into fastboot mode type the following command to unlock bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
This command will unlock your OnePlus 3T bootloader and erase all data on it.
- Once bootloader is unlocked your device will reboot. Be patient it may take some time. After process finishes try the following command to see bootloader's status.
fastboot oem device-info
So that’s it! You have successfully unlocked OnePlus 3T Bootloader. Now you can Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 3T. If you found this article helpful leave a comment below.