Samsung launched the Galaxy J7 in March,2016. And the official TWRP and Root Access was already out there. Recently Samsung is rolling out the 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. This tutorial will work on Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F model running Marshmallow. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F (6.0.1 Marshmallow ) and install TWRP recovery on it.
Samsung Galaxy J7 comes with a 5.50 inch full HD display with resolution of 720 pixels by 1080 pixels. It is powered by 1.6 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor and comes with a 16 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. It comes in 2 ram for super-fast performance.
Also Check: How to Make Google Chrome Faster
The Samsung Galaxy J7 packs a 13-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a 3300 mAh battery.
Benefits of rooting Galaxy J7 (2016):
- Able to install custom Roms on Samsung Galaxy J7 (6.0.1 Marshmallow) and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify..
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Samsung Galaxy J7 warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Galaxy J7 (2016)
- Odin Tool- [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”blank” link=”http://sh.st/MRF6C”]Download here[/button]
- TWRP Recover for Galaxy J7 SM-J700F- [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”blank” link=”http://sh.st/MRFMg”]Download here[/button]
- SuperSu.zip for Galaxy J7 (Android Marshmallow) form chainfire.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 (6.0.1 Marshmallow ) and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debugging option in Galaxy J7
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock
- Now Connect Your Phone to Pc and enter into Download mode.
3. To enter into Download Mode you’ll need to ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ together.
- Once you enter into Download mode your device will be detected in odin. The ID:COM port should change colour and you’ll see “Added!!” message in Message Box.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show up please check if you have installed the drivers correctly and device is properly connected to PC.
6. Now click on AP/PDAand select the twrp.tar file you downloaded above.
- In Options Tab make sure only “Auto Reboot” and “Reset Time“ are ticked.
- Now click the start button and let the process complete. You will see a Pass message in Green once the process completes.
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 (6.0.1 Marshmallow )
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 (6.0.1 Marshmallow ) using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Samsung Galaxy J7 in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power+ Home button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root device. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Galaxy J7 (2016).
This was complete guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy J7 (6.0.1 Marshmallow) and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.