Recently Samsung launched the new Galaxy J5 (2016). And the official TWRP and Root Access is already out there. This tutorial will work on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510H and SM-J510F models. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and install TWRP recovery on it.
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) comes with a 5.20 inch full HD display with resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels. It is powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and comes with a 16 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. It comes in 2 ram for super-fast performance.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) packs a 13-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a 3100 mAh battery.
Also Check: How to Make Google Chrome Faster
Benefits of rooting Galaxy J5 (2016):
- Able to install custom Roms on Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify..
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Samsung Galaxy J5 warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Galaxy J5 (2016)
- Odin Tool- Download here
- TWRP Recover for Galaxy J5- J510H - Download here & TWRP Recover for Galaxy J5- J510F - Download here
- SuperSU.zip for Galaxy J5 (2016) form chainfire.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debugging option in Galaxy J5
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock
2. Now Connect Your Phone to Pc and enter into Download mode.
3. To enter into Download Mode you’ll need to ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together.
4. Once you enter into Download mode your device wil be detected in odin. The ID:COM port should change colour and you’ll see “Added!!” message in Message Box.
5. If ID: COM doesn’t show up please check if you have installed the drivers correctly and device is properly connected to PC.
6. Now click on AP/PDA and select the twrp.tar file you downloaded above.
7. In Options Tab make sure only “Auto Reboot” and “Reset Time“ are ticked.
8.Now click the start button and let the process complete. You will see a PASS! message in Green once the process completes.
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016)
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power+ Home button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root device. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Galaxy J5 (2016). You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
This was complete guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.