Own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and wanna flash new roms and recoverys? Well You will need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Redmi Note 4 and install TWRP recovery on it.
Xiaomi's Redmi Note 4 comes with a 5.5 inch display with 1080 × 1920 pixels.. It is powered by 2.1Ghz MediaTek Helio X20 MT6797 processor and comes with a 16 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. It comes with 2GB Ram for super-fast performance.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 packs a 13-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a 4100 mAh non-removable battery.
Before Proceeding You need to have a unlocked Bootloader in order for this tutorial to work. You can Check: How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 4 and other Xiaomi devices.
Benefits of rooting Redmi Note 4:
- Able to install custom Roms on Redmi Note 4 and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Redmi Note 4 warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Redmi Note 4
- Minimal ADB tool – [button color="" size="" type="round" target="blank" link="http://sh.st/MPHae"]Download here[/button]
- TWRP Recover for Redmi Note 4- [button color="" size="" type="round" target="blank" link="http://sh.st/2V0Sj"]Download here[/button] and make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- SuperSu.zip for Redmi Note 4 form chainfire.
Steps to Root Redmi Note 4 and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debugging option in Redmi Note 4.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to yourSettings -> About Phone -> now tap MIUI version 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Redmi Note 4 to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now we need to flash the TWRP Recovery. To Start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 4.
How to Root Redmi Note 4 using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Redmi Note 4 in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Redmi Note 4. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 4. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
This was complete guide on How to Root Redmi Note 4 and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.