Own a Xiaomi Redmi 4A and wanna flash new roms and recoverys? Well You will need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Redmi 4A and install TWRP recovery on it.
Xiaomi's Redmi 4A comes with a 5.0 inch display with 720 × 1280 pixels.. It is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and comes with a 16 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. It comes with 2GB Ram for super-fast performance.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A packs a 13-megapixel primary rear camera and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a 3120 mAh non-removable battery.
Before Proceeding You need to have a unlocked Bootloader in order for this tutorial to work. You can Check: How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi 4A and other Xiaomi devices.
Benefits of rooting Redmi 4A:
- Able to install custom Roms on Redmi 4A and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Redmi 4A warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Redmi 4A
- Minimal ADB tool –[button color="" size="" type="round" target="blank" link="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5zKaIuH8al9dUV5RjJrbnpXeXc"]Download here[/button]
- TWRP Recover for Redmi 4A-[button color="" size="" type="round" target="blank" link="http://corneey.com/qZkH3C "]Download here[/button] and make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- SuperSu.zip for Redmi 4A form chainfire.
Steps to Root Redmi 4A and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debuggingoption in Redmi 4A.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap MIUI version 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Redmi 4A to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now we need to flash the TWRP Recovery. To Start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Redmi 4A.
How to Root Redmi 4A using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Redmi 4A in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Redmi 4A. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
6. That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Redmi 4A. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
This was complete guide on How to Root Redmi 4A and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.