Do you want to root Moto G5? Here I will show you How to Root Moto G5 and Install TWRP. TWRP is a custom recovery which provides touchscreen enabled interface. It allows users to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery images which comes pre-installed with Moto G5.
This guide will show you how to install latest TWRP recovery for Moto G5 and root it. Here we will install latest TWRP 184.108.40.206 and root Moto G5. Download TWRP 220.127.116.11 for Moto G5 from below and follow steps carefully. If you install TWRP on your ,you can then flash Custom Roms, Custom Kernel, Custom Mods and any zip files like xposed installer. Please carefully follow the steps to root and install TWRP on Moto G5.
Moto G5 comes with a 5.20 inch full HD display with 1080 × 1920 pixels which gives it PPI of around 424 pixel per inch. It is powered by 2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and comes with a 32 GB internal storage options which are expandable uptp 128 Gb via miroSD card.
Moto G5 has 4 GB ram for super-fast performance. It sports a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with Phase detection autofocus (PDA) and an 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and is powered by a 3000mAh non removable battery.
Benefits of rooting Moto G5:
- Able to install custom Roms on your device and explore new features.
- Increase performance by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Moto G5 warranty.
- You will Need a unlock Bootloader on Moto G5 before proceeding with rooting
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Disclaimer: This process will erase all your data including phone settings, contacts and sms. Please make sure to Backup data.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Moto G5
- Minimal ADB tool – [button color=”” size=”” type=”” target=”blank” link=”https://goo.gl/ujTwP5″]Download here[/button]
- TWRP Recover for Moto G5. Make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- Dm Varierty disabler for Moto G5.-
- Magisk Tool for Moto g5 and copy it to SD card
Steps to Root Moto G5 and Install TWRP
- First enable the USB debugging option on G4 Plus.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back toSettings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Moto G5 to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
6. Now to start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
How to Root Moto G5 using TWRP Recovery
- Boot your device in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now You will boot into TWRP. Once in TWRP tap “Never show this screen again on boot” and Swipe to allow modification.
- Now got to wipe Section in TWRP and tap “Format Data”
- Now reboot into TWRP and copy Magisk and no-verity files you downloaded above to your phone.
- Now go to install ZIP section and select no-verity file and flash it.
- Reboot your device again into TWRP and flash Magisk Zip file .
- After that wipe the cache and dalvik Cache and reboot.
- When Your Phone starts open up Magisk Manager App.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your device. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
This was complete guide on How to Root Moto G5 and Install TWRP on it. Hope you followed the steps correctly. 🙂