Do you want to root Moto G4 Plus? Here I will show you How to Root Moto G4 Plus and Install TWRP Recovery. TWRP is a custom recovery which provides touchscreen enabled interface. It allows users to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery images which comes pre-installed with Moto G4 Plus.
This guide will show you how to install latest TWRP recovery for Moto G4 Plus and root it. Here we will. Download TWRP 126.96.36.199 for Moto G4 plus from below and follow steps carefully. If you install TWRP on your ,you can then flash Custom Roms, Custom Kernel, Custom Mods and any zip files like xposed installer. Please follow the steps carefully.
Moto G4 Plus comes with a 5.5 inch full HD display with 1080 × 1920 pixels which gives it PPI of around 401 pixel per inch. It is powered by 1.5 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor and comes with a 16/32 GB internal storage options which are expandable upto 128 GB via miroSD card.
Moto G4 Plus has 2/3 GB ram for super-fast performance. It sports a 16-megapixel primary rear camera with Phase detection autofocus (PDA) and an 8-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and is powered by a 3000 mAh non removable battery. It also comes with a finger print scanner which is embedded on its Home button.
Also Check: How to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G4 Plus
Benefits of rooting Moto G4 Plus:
- Able to install custom Roms on your device and explore new features.
- Increase performance by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Moto G4 Plus warranty.
- You will Need a unlocked Bootloader on Moto G4 Plus before proceeding with this guide.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Disclaimer: This process will erase all your data including phone settings, contacts and sms. Please make sure to Backup data.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus:
- Minimal ADB tool - [button color="" size="" type="" target="blank" link="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24521665358595410"]Download here[/button]
- TWRP Recover for Moto G4 Plus. Make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- SuperSu.zip for Moto G4 Plus form chainfire.
Steps to Root Moto G4 Plus and Install TWRP
- First enable the USB debugging option on G4 Plus.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Moto G4 Plus to Pc/Laptop using USB.
4. We need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
5. Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now to start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Moto G4 Plus.
How to Root Moto G4 Plus using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot your device in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Moto G4 Plus. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your device. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
This was complete guide on How to Root Moto G4 Plus and Install TWRP Recovery on it. Hope you followed the steps correctly. 🙂