Do you want to root Moto G Turbo? Here I will show you How to Root Moto G Turbo and Install TWRP. TWRP is a custom recovery which provides touchscreen enabled interface. It allows users to flash rooms, backup current system and do lots of additional stuff which is not supported by stock recovery images which comes pre-installed with Moto G Turbo.
This guide will show you how to install latest TWRP recovery for Moto G Turbo and root it. Here we will install latest TWRP 184.108.40.206 and root Moto G Turbo. Download TWRP 220.127.116.11 for Moto G Turbo from below and follow steps carefully. If you install TWRP on your ,you can then flash Custom Roms, Custom Kernel, Custom Mods and any zip files like xposed installer. Please carefully follow the steps to root and install TWRP on Moto G Turbo.
Also Check: How To Unlock Moto G Turbo Bootloader
Moto G Turbo comes with a 5.0 inch full HD display with 720 × 1280 pixels. It is powered by 1.5 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor and comes with a 16 GB internal storage options which are expandable upto 32 Gb via miroSD card.
Moto G Turbo has 2 GB ram for super-fast performance. It sports a 13-megapixel primary rear camera dual LED flash and an 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Android 5.1.1 and is powered by a 2470 mAh non removable battery.
Benefits of rooting Moto G Turbo:
- Able to install custom Roms on your device and explore new features.
- Increase performance by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Moto G Turbo warranty.
- You will Need a unlock Bootloader on Moto G Turbo before proceeding with rooting
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Disclaimer: This process will erase all your data including phone settings, contacts and sms. Please make sure to Backup data.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Moto G Turbo
- Minimal ADB tool - [button color="" size="" type="" target="blank" link="https://goo.gl/ujTwP5"]Download here[/button]
- TWRP Recover for Moto G Turbo - [button color="" size="" type="" target="blank" link="http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16383"]Download here[/button]
(Make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.)
- SuperSu.zip for Moto G Turbo form chainfire.
Steps to Root Moto G Turbo and Install TWRP
- First enable the USB debugging option on G Turbo.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Moto G Turbo to Pc/Laptop using USB.
4. Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
6. Now to start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Moto G Turbo.
How to Root Moto G Turbo using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot your device in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Moto G Turbo. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your device. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
This was complete guide on How to Root Moto G Turbo and Install TWRP on it. Hope you followed the steps correctly. 🙂