Own a Xiaomi Redmi Max and wanna flash new roms and recoverys? Well You will need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Mi Max and install TWRP recovery on it.
Xiaomi's Mi Max comes with a 6.44 inch display with 1080 × 1920 pixels.. It is powered by Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor and comes with a 32 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. It comes with 3GB Ram for super-fast performance.
The Xiaomi Redmi Max packs a 16-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on Android 6.0.1 and is powered by a 4850mAh non-removable battery.
Before Proceeding You need to have a unlocked Bootloader in order for this tutorial to work. You can Check: How to Unlock Bootloader of Mi Max and other Xiaomi devices.
Benefits of rooting Mi Max :
- Able to install custom Roms on Mi Max and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Mi Max warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Mi Max
- Minimal ADB tool – [button color="" size="" type="round" target="blank" link=" http://sh.st/MPHae "]Download here[/button]
- TWRP Recover for Mi Max - [button color="" size="" type="round" target="blank" link=" http://viid.me/qdcRLp"]Download here[/button] and make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- SuperSu.zip for Mi Max form chainfire.
Steps to Root Mi Max and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debuggingoption in Mi Max .
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to yourSettings -> About Phone -> now tap MIUI version 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debuggingalso enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Mi Max to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now we need to flash the TWRP Recovery. To Start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Mi Max .
How to Root Mi Max using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Mi Max in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Mi Max. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Mi Max.
This was complete guide on How to Root Mi Max and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.