Samsung launched the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge in February,2016. And the official TWRP and Root Access was already out there. Recently This tutorial will work on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge model running Oreo. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and install TWRP recovery on it.
Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge comes with a 5.10-inch full HD display with resolution of 71440 pixels by 2560 pixels at a PPI of 577 pixels. It is powered by 1.6GHz octa-core processor and comes with a 32 GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 200 GB via microSD card. It comes with 4GB ram for super-fast performance.
The Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge packs a 12-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and a 5-megapixel secondary front shooter. It is powered by a 3000 mAh battery. And recently is updated to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Benefits of rooting Galaxy S7/S7 Edge :
- Able to install custom Roms on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify..
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Samsung Pay won't work after root
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge (2016)
- Odin Tool- Download here
- TWRP Recover for Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - Download here .
- Magisk and Samsung Anti Removal Kit - Download
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and Install TWRP recovery
- First enable the USB debugging option in Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap the build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock
2. Now Connect Your Phone to Pc and enter into Download mode.
- To enter into Download Mode you’ll need to ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ together.
4.Once you enter into Download mode your device will be detected in odin. The ID:COM port should change colour and you’ll see “Added!!” message in Message Box.
5. If ID: COM doesn’t show up please check if you have installed the drivers correctly and device is properly connected to PC.
- Now click on AP/PDA and select the twrp.tar file you downloaded above.
7. In Options Tab make sure only “Auto Reboot” and “Reset Time“ are ticked.
8. Now click the start button and let the process complete. You will see a Pass message in Green once the process completes.
That’s it! You have installed TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge (8.0 Android Oreo)
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using TWRP Recovery
- Move Magisk.zip and samsung android removal.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power+ Home button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the samsung android removal.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root device. Now swipe to install samsung android removal.zip
- Now go back and select Magisk.zip and again install it as above proccess.
- That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge .
This was complete guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.