Own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and wanna flash new roms and recoverys? Well You will need a root access first in order to do such cool stuffs with your phone. Here’s a tutorial on How to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro and install TWRP recovery on it.
Xiaomi's Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with a 5.99 inch display with 1080 x 2160 pixels.. It is powered by Octa core, 1.8 GHz, Kryo 260 processor and comes with a 64GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. It comes with 4GB Ram for super-fast performance.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro packs a dual rear camera setup of 12MP+5MP RGB sensor and a 20-megapixel secondary front shooter. It runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a 5000 mAh non-removable battery.
Before Proceeding You need to have a unlocked Bootloader in order for this tutorial to work. You can Check: How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 5 Pro and other Xiaomi devices.
Benefits of rooting Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Able to install custom Roms on Redmi Note 5 Pro and explore new features.
- Increase performance of your device by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance by hibernating battery consuming apps using apps like greenify.
- Increase performance by uninstalling ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void Redmi Note 5 Pro warranty.
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charge or more.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Minimal ADB tool – Download
- TWRP Recover for Redmi Note 5 Pro - Download
and make sure to rename it to recovery.img and place it in ADB folder.
- SuperSu.zip for Redmi Note 5 Pro form chainfire.
Steps to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro and Install TWRP recovery
A. Easy method
The guide below is a detailed guide which is also a intresting one to geeky users, But if your not someone who loves geekgy tech stuf you can try the one click root tool for Redmi Note 5 Pro designed by XDA member Pr1nc3V
B. Redmi Note 5 Pro Manual
- First enable the USB debugging option in Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- To enable USB debugging option we first need to make the developer options active for that go to your Settings -> About Phone -> now tap MIUI version 7-8 times until you see a message ‘you are now a developer’.
- Now as we have enabled developer options, go back to Settings-> developer options -> and now enable USB debugging also enable OEM unlock.
- Now go to folder where you installed the adb and by holding the Shift Key, right-click on any blank space and select Open command window here.
- Now connect the Redmi Note 5 Pro to Pc/Laptop using USB.
- Now we need to reboot phone into fastboot mode by typing the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t, check if your USB cable is connected properly and you have drivers installed properly. You can check a list of connected device by typing the following command.
- Now we need to flash the TWRP Recovery. To Start flashing the recovery, type the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
How to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro using TWRP Recovery
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone’s internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file there and not in any folder.)
- Boot Redmi Note 5 Pro in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+ Power button simultaneously.
- Now first make a Backup of all data using TWRP.
- After that in TWRP click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in root of internal storage to root Redmi Note 5 Pro. Now swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
6. That’s it you have rooted and installed TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro. You can check if root access is working properly by Root Checker app from play store.
This was complete guide on How to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro and Install TWRP on it. If any questions let me know in comments below.